Friday, January 3, 2020

Strategically Placed Ads

While I was attending one of my club water polo practices, I noticed strategically placed ads that I may not have thought any different of before. This was our first practice at a different pool, which was at American River College. And as I was swimming a few of my laps, I looked up and saw two giant posters on the bleachers that face the pool. One was black with a white Speedo logo and the other was for Kap7. Speedo is a swim brand that makes things like suits, goggles, kickboards, or even bags. Kap7 is a brand from what I know makes water polo balls, which is largely used in official games. Many of my friends thought it made sense for those posters to be there, after all, we were at a pool. But, it reminded me of how Mr.Starace saw the Adidas poster in our hallway and said that we acted as human billboards for their product. Every time people go to that pool, those posters remind them that whatever they see in the pool, is a factor of their brand. Speedo is allowing those people to swim as fast as they are and Kap7 makes the water polo games possible. These posters are strategically placed to use the athletes as human billboards.
Image result for speedo logoImage result for kap7 logo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Media Blog Reflection

Before this critical thinking class, I had never really thought about the media that surrounds me, and how much I actually consume. I alre...