Friday, January 3, 2020

Game Ads on TikTok

TikTok is a social media app, originally known as Musical.ly, where people post 15-second videos with different sounds in the background either dancing, making jokes, or lipsyncing. And, every once and a while as you scroll through random videos an ad for a game pops up on your feed. This concept has actually made me download some of the apps, because at first you aren't expecting an ad for a game, it just seems like another TikTok in your feed. But, I have noticed something about how weird the ads actually are. It often shows a video of someone playing the game with someone talking in the background, but the talking never actually applies to the game. On a large amount of the ads, (all different games) it says things like "Oh my god, I love this game" "I can't stop playing", which makes sense for the ad, but then it also says "This is such a holiday game!". That phrase is repeated across all of the game ads that I've seen, which makes absolutely no sense to the game or how it would attract the viewers, because honestly, the voice is even creepy. This makes me wonder who is sending these ads out and what they are trying to accomplish with them. Image result for tiktok game ads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Media Blog Reflection

Before this critical thinking class, I had never really thought about the media that surrounds me, and how much I actually consume. I alre...